What Sets Us Apart
We thoroughly screen and train our team. For your protection and ours, our Pet Care Specialists are employees, not independent contractors, who are bonded and insured and covered by workman’s compensation. Our Certificate of Liability Insurance and our Business Service Bond are available to our Clients in the Client Portal. A copy of these documents is also provided to all clients as part of our Welcome Packet.
Our Pet Care Specialists receive hands-on Pet CPR & First Aid training. Most pet sitting and dog walking services don’t require pet CPR and first aid certification and, if they do, the training is usually online with no hands-on component. Our Pet Care specialists also receive weekly online safety training which they incorporate into their handling practices. This training is taken a step further during our monthly hands-on training sessions using our own pets. We also regularly review industry best practices and incorporate them into our services. This intense focus on exceptional care and safety sets us apart from other professional pet sitting and dog walking services.
Professional Team of Pet Care Specialists
Our Pet Care Specialists are professionals who provide the highest quality service, and to them, this is not a hobby. To become a Tranquil Trails Pet Care Specialist, a candidate must demonstrate the qualities that are the foundation of our mission: Honesty, Integrity, Compassion, Attention to Detail, and a Strong Work Ethic. They must also understand the importance of providing exceptional customer service. We do not compromise on these traits.
Our team members receive regular performance evaluations and merit pay increases. Client reviews are an essential part of those performance evaluations. We also use client feedback to determine what type of additional training we may need.
We invest in our employees by providing monthly continuing education training through a variety of sources including FetchFind. Team members are expected to start the Fear-Free Pets certification process by the end of 2019.
All team members:
- Go through an extensive screening process, including
- A well-recognized valid and reliable screening survey,
- An annual comprehensive nationwide criminal background check through Pet Pro Check,
- A motor vehicle record check through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
- A professional reference check.
- Must be certified in Pet CPR & 1st Aid, through an approved hands-on course, within three (3) months of hire.
- Are required to participate in monthly safety training.
- Have regular performance evaluations and are eligible for merit pay increases and opportunities for advancement based on performance.
- Client feedback is an essential element of performance evaluations.
- Are insured and bonded and covered by worker’s compensation.