Do you LOVE animals and have a flexible schedule? Then, Tranquil Trails Pet Care may be the place for you! We are a new business seeking passionate and trustworthy, long-term, part-time Pet Care Specialists that live in Lehigh, Northampton, or Carbon counties to join our team and grow with us.
Our Pet Care Specialists provide exceptional service and care for clients` pets in our clients’ homes 365 days a year. We pride ourselves in providing a high level of service to our clients. Pet owners hire a pet sitter when they are not able to be there to take care of their pets. They don’t want to kennel their pets or impose on a neighbor, friend, or a relative. They are looking for a professional who will dedicate their love and attention to their pets.
To be a member of our team, you must have a very positive attitude, be self-motivated and extremely detail-oriented. Trustworthiness, plenty of common sense, ability to think and problem-solve on your feet and an ability to follow detailed instructions are critical criteria for working with us. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. You must also be a real animal lover with pet experience. This experience can be a personal background with pets; ideally, dog walking, pet sitting, volunteering in a shelter, or working at a doggy daycare, grooming, or veterinarian’s office.
Our assignments offer an incredible opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals, getting exercise and meeting great people. This job is not for everyone, but it will be gratifying for the right person!
You must be keenly aware of the high level of trust and responsibility that this position entails – Living, breathing animals will be relying on you to be a punctual, organized, and competent caregiver.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional care for all types of house pets.
- Safely walking dogs on-leash, regardless of weather conditions, i.e., rain, snow, cold, heat.
- Safely providing drop-in pet sitting services at scheduled times.
- Feeding pets and refreshing water.
- Administering medication.
- Providing exercise and playtime.
- Providing lots of love and attention.
- Keeping clients’ homes and pet areas clean and free of any messes.
- Picking up after pets, including cleaning up the occasional mess.
- Cleaning up after dogs in the yard.
- Scooping & changing litter boxes.
- Keeping clients’ homes secure upon entering and departing.
- Following Key Management procedures.
- Picking up mail, newspapers, fliers, and packages.
- Alternating blinds and lights.
- Taking out the trash on trash day.
- Watering plants.
- Daily professional communication with clients and management.
- Reading and responding to emails, text messages, and schedule changes from management every day.
- Providing detailed notes to both clients and management.
- Maintaining schedule flexibility.
- Adjusting to the ever-changing schedule to accommodate short-notice requests.
- Working with Tranquil Trails clients within a 10-mile radius of your home.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- Must have a Smartphone with GPS.
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to commit to long-term, part-time work.
- Must attend monthly safety training.
- Must have another source of income.
- Must be personable, well-spoken, and well-kept.
- Must be willing to complete our comprehensive hiring process including, but not limited to, multiple interviews, reference checks, national criminal background check, and motor vehicle record check.
- Must be willing to keep valid copies of your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and insurance coverage in your employee file.
- Must understand and expect that you will be on camera at all times – whether indoors or outside.
Team members typically start gradually taking on new clients and helping with dog walking and pet sitting requests as they come in. The hours are light to start and build over 2-3 months. Your hours will vary from week to week depending on the amount of work available and your availability. The job is close to home, and if you genuinely love pets and like being outdoors, you will enjoy how positive this working environment is.
- Competitive Pay (starting at $12/hr).
- Performance-based Pay Increases after a 6-month introductory period, after 12-months, and then annually.
- Client and employee referral bonuses.
- Company-sponsored training.
- Employee Discount.
- Opportunities for advancement as we grow, based on performance.
- A lot of outdoors exercise.
- Great opportunity to meet and work with people in the community.
|Job Category||Dog Walking, Pet Care, Pet Sitting|